Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"Healthy Mouth, Healthy Sex!" Featured in World Wide Rave

I had wanted to talk about the connection betweeen oral health and sexual health -- something no one was talking about -- for a long time, but didn't know how to address the topic.

It wasn't until I stumbled upon David Meerman Scott and his ideas about viral e-books that I knew an e-book format would be the perfect vehicle for my idea.

And while I thought it was a good idea, when I published my e-book, "Healthy Mouth, Healthy Sex!" in March 2008, I was a little nervous about what people's reactions would be. My fears were for naught.

Since publishing it, I've had countless colleagues call to tell me what a great book it is.

I've had a couple of colleges call to ask if they could hand it out to freshman at orientation.

A number of bloggers, including Cory Silverberg at About.com:Sexuality, Paul Levy in his popular "Running a Hospital" blog, and the team from Reva Health on their Consumer Health Blog, have written about it.

Over 5,000 people have downloaded it.

The reporters at Forbes.com featured it in an article about innovative marketing techniques.

And, it's appearing in a book, World Wide Rave, by David Meerman Scott. The book is due out early March 2009.

I am absolutely thrilled -- to say the least!

Social media is the new way of communicating with your customers. For years I relied on traditional (read: expensive) marketing, none of which worked.

This blog, my Website, YouTube videos, and the e-books have done more to build my practice than the expensive yellow pages advertising I purchased month after month ever did.

Be sure to pre-order David's book on Amazon today -- and take a look at his World Wide Rave blog for additional info about him and the book.

No comments: